The Pilates method of exercise was developed in the early 20th century by German-born Joseph Pilates. Pilates believed that mental and physical health are interrelated and his system of exercises was developed with the intention of strengthening both the mind and the body. An energetic inventor, Pilates designed many pieces of equipment (the most famous and versatile being the Reformer) to assist and challenge those practising his method.
ALL THE EQUIPMENT + ALL THE ATTENTION
‘THE MIND WHEN HOUSED WITHIN A HEALTHY BODY POSSESSES A GLORIOUS SENSE OF POWER’
- Joseph Pilates
One has been proud to pioneer the popularity of Group Reformer Pilates. When you yearn to burn, nothing delivers quite like a pumping class with like minded masochists on the most famous piece of equipment invented by Joseph Pilates, the Universal Reformer. And yet, we want even more …
Get ready to know your body and experience results you never thought possible. Now at both our Potts Point and South Yarra studios, we are delighted to offer the full compliment of Pilates equipment in both Private and Small Group format.
These only come if you work for them, but if you work for them, Pilates will deliver like nothing else.
- Sculpts a beautifully balanced physique
- Improves core strength + cinches waist
- Strengthens and stabilises joints for injury prevention
- Compliments sports performance for athletes
- Supports pre and post natal care
- Promotes weight normalisation
- Improves alignment to create height and poise
- Can alleviate some chronic pain
- Improves energy and “inner strength”
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Creates co-ordination and grace
To ensure our clients receive the best possible attention, we have developed a Private Onboarding process which includes a 30 minute consultation. However, if you have injury or illness we strongly recommend you join us via this longer appointment. During an initial 1:1 session we complete a postural analysis together and discuss any specific goals or concerns. This approach allows us to tailor our program perfectly to YOU, allowing you to learn the subtleties of this unique method which make it not just body changing, but mind blowing and life optimising.
SMALL GROUP 1:4
This is it – this is the sweet spot where we make the extraordinary scope of the Pilates Method available to all with a big, convenient timetable and an industry first all inclusive membership. Suitable for a wide range of people, from beginners to professional sportspeople, pregnant women and seniors, your instructor will be giving you the personal attention you need to be held accountable to your own potential, with the motivation and community of a small group.
Please note that it is a condition of attendance to our Small Group classes that you first attend an Initial Consultation.
If you require a highly specialised program for any reason, we offer the one on one attention of a Private class. Please note, these sessions take place in our beautiful studio, so while you will have your instructor all to yourself, the space may be shared.BOOK NOW
For those who want the no-compromise One Hot Studio Pilates experience, we have created this industry first membership. Access 2 x 1:4 Studio Pilates sessions per week AND Group Reformer Pilates, Hot Mat Pilates, Hot Yoga, Power Yoga, Yin Yoga and One Hot Still. This is the complete package for total immersion and transformation.
2 x 1:4 Small Group Studio Pilates per week: $87.50 per week (28 day billing cycle, 8 week minimum term)BUY NOW
NEED TO KNOW
BEFORE CLASS & WHAT TO BRING
– Be well hydrated
– Don’t eat for 45 mins before class
– Wear clothes you can move in – leggings or shorts and a tank top
– Socks with grippy soles will help you hold poses on the apparatus
– If you would like to shower after class, towels are available to hire
– Coconut water is available to purchase
– We have showers with body wash, shampoo and conditioner
– Our change rooms are equipped with hair dryers and straightening irons
– We like to keep it intimate to ensure you’re getting ALL the attention, due to this spaces are in demand and limited. If you are unable to attend a class that you have booked, it is essential that you cancel this class a minimum of 24 hours prior. As a member if you late-cancel a $15 penalty fee with be incurred, if you no show you will be charged a $30 penalty fee. If you have a casual pass or class pack, the class will be forfeited if late canceled/no show.
– Arrive at least ten minutes before class as there is no late admittance. The studio is open 15 minutes before class
– Check-in at reception for all classes
– No personal belongings in the Pilates studio other than water and towel. There are lockers in the change rooms for valuables
– No glass water bottles
– No phones in the Pilates studio
– Listen carefully to the teacher’s instructions
– You may lie down at any time to take rest, but commit to staying in the room for the entire class
– Wipe the upholstery of the reformer, or your mat and surrounding space before you leave the studio