– Be well hydrated
– Don’t eat for 1.5 hours before class
– Wear clothes you can sweat and move in – leggings or shorts and a tank top
– Mats, blocks and straps are provided
– Towels are available to hire
– Water is available to purchase
– We have showers with body wash, shampoo and conditioner
– Our change rooms are equipped with hair dryers and straightening irons
ONE HOT YOGA CLASSES
OUR YOGA STYLE
We are different at one hot yoga. We know that pretty quotes won’t make you mindful, but sweat will. We believe that turning up is one thing, but your best is another. We don’t think balance comes from chanting, but from making time for yourself. Sweat, practice and time is what it takes to become one.
Each class at One is what you make it – we’re here to guide you in a beautiful, contemporary studio. Our unique fresh air, low-energy heating system and complimentary mats, blocks, bolsters and straps make every session as comfortable as possible. Although there’s a common framework, each class explores different themes and postures that vary with our teachers.
SLOW HOT FLOW
One Hot Yoga’s signature Slow Hot Flow is open to all levels of experience. The One Hot Yoga system is a 37˚C Slow Hot Flow that balances freedom within structure. The 60 minute classes include balances, deep core strengthening, floor work and guided relaxation. Students are welcome to lie down and rest at any stage during the class.VIEW UPCOMING CLASSES
GROW YOUR FLOW
This workshop-style class builds an understanding of poses while offering the opportunity to try new ones. Set your foundations and then learn from them, delving deeper without committing to a yoga course. Reserved for those eager to take their practice to the next level.VIEW UPCOMING CLASSES
The ultimate class for balance, this practice takes place in a warm room and involves supported postures that facilitate deep release. The ideal complement to our active classes, Yin is suitable for all levels. Set your intention and strive for flexibility, tranquility and symmetry. Challenge yourself, differently.VIEW UPCOMING CLASSES
Power Flow builds heat internally, rather than relying on the heat of the room. It is a contemporary, fitness- based style that is accessible to all levels. Our teachers build their sequences from their unique experience and lineage so you can enjoy the vast, living tradition that is yoga today.
Our beautiful Studio 2 is kept at an easy 27 degrees and has an insulated timber floor. This change in temperature allows the practice of inversions and arm balances.VIEW UPCOMING CLASSES
BENEFITS OF ONE HOT
The greatest benefits of yoga manifest when we include yoga in daily life; come once a week for maintenance, twice a week for improvement and three times a week for transformation!
Increased Strength And Flexibility
Increased Sense Of Calm And Wellbeing
NEW TO ONE?
Our fantastic Intro Offers are the best value for experiencing One Hot Yoga and Pilates for the first time. Choose between two and four week trial memberships, which give you unlimited access to all our mat based classes, so you can try a whole range of styles. (If you would like to try Reformer Pilates too, you will need our One Hot Everything Trial Membership)
Looking for the Yoga style that suits you or simply what to bring? Check out our Yoga styles, or need to know info.
NEED TO KNOW
BEFORE CLASS & WHAT TO BRING
– Be well hydrated
WHO CAN DO YOGA
Hot Yoga is suitable for most people. Please keep in mind it is vigorous exercise in a room heated to 37˚C at about 50% humidity.
We require a letter from your doctor to participate if you are:
– Under 16 years old
– Have a history of heart condition or stroke
– Have a serious cardio-vascular condition including hypertension, hypotension, heart failure
– Currently using diuretics, barbiturates or beta-blockers
– Arrive at least ten minutes before class as there is no late admittance
– Check-in at reception for all classes
– Observe silence in the yoga room
– No personal belongings in the yoga room other than water and towel.
– There are lockers in the change rooms for valuables or at reception for larger items
– No glass water bottles
– No phones in the yoga room – the heat and humidity are not good for them
– Listen carefully to the teacher’s instructions
– You may lie down at any time to take rest, but commit to staying in the room for the entire class
– Wipe your mat and surrounding space before you leave the studio
– Allow yourself at least five classes to acclimate to the heat and become familiar with the sequence
CAN I VISIT BOTH STUDIO 1 AND STUDIO 2 WITH MY YOGA MEMBERSHIP?
Yes, come as often as you like – our Yoga membership gives you unlimited access to both studios. With over 60 classes per week and many styles on offer, our memberships represent amazing value.
We also have new One Hot Everything memberships including both our Yoga and Pilates classes, providing access to our full range of classes and all four studios.
IS IT BIKRAM?
No, we are not a Bikram Yoga Studio. Bikram Choudhury has made an important contribution to contemporary hot yoga. He founded and operates the franchise known as ‘Bikram Yoga’ which is an unchanging 90 minute sequence of static postures in a room heated to 40 C plus.
One Hot Yoga’s signature Slow Hot Flow is 60 minutes of moving postures at 37 degrees with a set structure but a constantly carrying sequence. We include many poses from the same lineage as Bikram (the lineage of Bishnu Gosh) but draw more heavily from the lineages of Krishnamacharya, such as lyengar Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Jivamukti and Power Yoga, Sivananda Yoga and more.
Studio 2 is kept at a delicious 27 degrees and has a cushioned timber floor to support arm balances and inversions. We have a diverse offering of Power Flow, Yin Yoga and Grow Your Flow classes to cater to all levels.
Power Flow builds heat internally rather than relying on the heat of the room. It is a contemporary, fitness-based style that is accessible to all levels. Our teachers build their sequences from their unique experience, so you can enjoy variety.